View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 10:40 AM   #1538
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Here's what's odd to me - look at the deal that Julio Rodriguez signed a single year down the road. Guy got a $200 million contract because he had a hot start to his career. There's a LOT of money to be made by just waiting a little bit.
No doubt. You hear a lot of talk about what it would take the O's to extend Gunnar Henderson and Adley Rutchsman. $200 million is the starting point. It would have been a Corbin Carroll type contract ($111 million) for Gunnar at this time last year.

Before Chourio, the five to sign long-term without any MLB service time were Luis Robert and Eloy Jimenez of the White Sox, Mariners' Evan White, Phillies' Scott Kingery and Astros' Jon Singleton. Only two of them have worked out but only the Sox duo had the type of prospect pedigree of Chourio.

Chourio has some of the most explosive bat speed I have ever seen. He's totally tooled up. But I thought the same thing about Victor Robles. Robles is why I can't blame Chourio for hedging.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.