View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 07:28 AM   #1588
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Self doesn't trust Furphy's defense (and I don't either for that matter) so I don't see it happening any time soon.
It's not just that. People are focusing on Furphy's shooting but also forgetting he does little else. He has 3 assists all year. 0 blocks. 4 steals. He's averaging 2 rebounds a game since the UK game. He isn't a particularly skilled ball handler and I don't think he has any post moves to speak of. The UT game kind of shines a light on what his game is right now. He played 11 minutes and hit two shots but did literally nothing else on the stat line except pick up a foul. For a guy that isn't quite there on defense, he needs to contribute in other ways, but that isn't happening. His shooting has also regressed. Since the UK game he has taken 2 more 3s than Timberlake but only made one more in total. Considering how bad Timberlake has been, that isn't exactly a good thing.

I think Self would be open to moving KJ around in the lineup but the fact is that despite his deficiencies, KJ is simply a better option overall than anyone else we have.
SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote