View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 08:19 AM   #4105
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
The challenge is to stay one step ahead. Not just bring back the same players because it worked the season before. They improved the tackle positions (but overpaid Taylor). The other skilled positions stayed the same. I think Toney/Moore/MVS were enough of a red flag last season to expect similar struggles in 2023. The offense worked in 2022 because Kelce and Juju worked well together at reading defenses. Plus, McKinnon was a much larger threat in the passing game.
Sure, but the challenge is to stay ahead with 53 guys, offense, defense, and special teams.

And when you have a mostly young position group, it's reasonable to expect them to improve, not regress. Roster management depends on that.

Clearly, it hasn't happened, but acting like it's unreasonable to expect a step forward from young guys in year two isn't fair play.

And the complete dumpster fire that MVS has become wasn't apparent either, he's gotten way worse at everything, and Watson is a WR4 or 5 type but has also largely gotten worse. These guys aren't old enough to be regressing. So it's weird, alright.

I thought we'd be fine if one of the three swings Veach took at WR worked out; unfortunately, it looks like the rookie is the one so it's not quite fine as he's learning.

But I tell you, I'd have Rice, Toney, and Hardman on the field every damned down. Simplify whatever you have to to do it, but those are the three guys that can actually make a play.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote