View Single Post
Old 11-21-2023, 02:23 PM   #4100
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Why wouldn't they have felt like they could run it back with the group from last year - which Mahomes won MVP with - and they wouldn't be at worst a top 10-15 offense?

If you told me we were having these offensive problems last year, I would've 100% agreed with you. I thought we were going to be very average offensively last year, but we had the best offense in the league by almost every metric and really just swapped JuJu for Rice.

Is it really hard to see that Veach felt this was a reasonable plan?

Certainly it hasn't worked as intended, but I'm not sure why you're having difficulty seeing the logic of it.
The challenge is to stay one step ahead. Not just bring back the same players because it worked the season before. They improved the tackle positions (but overpaid Taylor). The other skilled positions stayed the same. I think Toney/Moore/MVS were enough of a red flag last season to expect similar struggles in 2023. The offense worked in 2022 because Kelce and Juju worked well together at reading defenses. Plus, McKinnon was a much larger threat in the passing game.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote