View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 10:51 AM   #205
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
In the short-term, sure. I can imagine a distant future, though, where a majority of cars on the road aren't owned by an individual, and it would presumably be rare for you to have to wait for more than a couple of minutes for a ride.

Just think about how much lost "productivity" cars have today just sitting on the side of the road, in parking lots, or in garages. If cars are instead constantly moving and picking people up when they're needed, everything becomes more efficient.

Obviously that's just a vision, and I can't really see us getting to that point in the next decade unless someone makes another breakthrough, but I bet that's where we'll get to eventually.

There's car productivity and there's people productivity. Look at all of the people driving on I-70 across western Kansas with their eyes half-glazed. With self-driving cars they could be reading a book or knitting or learning how to use a band saw instead of staring at the car ahead of them.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.