View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 10:56 AM   #12
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I can set my cruise control to automatically slow down within 1-3 car lengths of a vehicle in front of me... so if I have cruise set to 70, it'll brake as it approaches a slower vehicle and then automatically speed up when you change lanes.

You can also set it to automatically change lanes whenever you turn on the blinker, and also set it so it'll stay within the lanes (it also complains if you take your hands off the wheel).

There's been a time or two where it'll override steering a bit, so I don't use it much... and once where it slammed the brakes on the highway thinking I was about to hit something, but nothing was in my lane at all (and fortunately no one behind me).

The last car I owned had the auto stop/start thing, but only for eco mode.. my current one does it all the time and don't think there's a way to disable it..... if you slow down just right though, it won't turn off. It's impressively seamless though when it does start up, even though I also wonder about long term effects.
My Pickup (2020 GMC) has all that stuff. Collision avoidance - adaptive whatever - lane assist - I turned it all off except the HUD alert for collision. I just can't deal with my steering wheel doing anything without my input.

The seat will also vibrate if you look to be running into something - I had turn that off because my girlfriend kept trying to run into things.
BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote