Thread: Movies and TV Loki Trailer
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 03:13 PM   #364
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Eh his perfomance as Timely in this series was kind of cringe. The stuttering was annoying, and felt more like a Simple Jack.

But he was good in Quantamania, and Loki S1. I just think some of these variants are going to be cringe/annoying.

I'm enjoying S2 so far though.
I have a bit of an odd theory about them making him a little goofy. It comes back to stunt casting.

I don't know much (anything) about the comic book arcs, but I'd bet any amount of money that it ain't a black guy in the comic books, right? No worries - they didn't focus on him being black as a character trait or anything.

Buuuuuuut...now you have a brilliant scientist in the 1800s who's, I guess, generally accepted? I mean he's out there in public giving these presentations. He seems respected if a bit goofy.

So how do you sell this character as being able to exist in this time period without completely suspending all disbelief? Well - you make him non-threatening. And you make him a little goofy so that people aren't exactly thinking about him as being out of place in that era.

I mean you can't exactly have him playing Damian Anderson. You can't have him playing He Who Remains. Because lets be honest here, that guy gets lynched in 18XX.

I dunno - it's hairbrained and a bit out there. I don't even know if I put much stock in it. But I'm not sure what purpose the character choice served.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.