Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2023, 10:10 AM   #552
Supporter

Mite treatments are done, it's about time for me to add spacers to the top of my hives so I can add dry sugar. As mentioned before, I choose dry sugar for 2 reasons. It absorbs moisture and hopefully reduces potential condensation, and it provides an emergency source of carbohydrates in the winter if they bees run low on resources.

I've been working on 2-3 new products. Recently I obtained some aronia berries and freeze dried, powered them and a working on some aronia berry honey products. Aronia is a super food people take for health benefits, but they don't taste very good, so I'm trying to fix that. So far, initial reviews are very positive in product testing in the area. I've been infusing some ghost peppers into honey to make a "hot honey" product and initial reaction to that has been surprisingly positive. I also started working with a certified herbalist a little bit and am looking at infusing herbs into honey for a "holistic" product niche market for hippies who want to buy a value added product.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote