Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 07:03 PM   #3243
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Right. I keep forgetting other people will fish flies other than dries, lol.

If you caught it in that pool behind you guys, then the double dropper makes a lot of sense. I'm assuming a decent flow rate and depth of more than 3-4 feet? Indicator or just high sticking/euro?
That river is mostly pocket water. It's strewn with boulders the size of a car and the water is generally quite fast. The rig has to be heeeavy to get down fast. The poundmeister was a. #8 with a tungsten head and lead wrapping. The lead fly was about 6 feet under the indicator. I couldn't euro there because the water was too deep to get close enough to the boulder and eddy. Some of those holes are definitely 15+ feet deep

There's not really traditional casting with a rig like that. It's more of a circular lob up and over

Last edited by loochy; 10-06-2023 at 07:20 PM..
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote