View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 02:22 PM   #7
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I don’t think it’s obvious the Chiefs are a top-10 defense even with CJ. They barely were in DVOA down the stretch last year when he was playing at a high level.

Without him I definitely think it’s a below average defense.

Last season the defense finished around 11th overall, iirc. With 5 rookies starting/playing significant snaps. So there was an assumption by many league analysts that they would probably break into the top-10 this season, with the consideration that most of the key starters would be returning.

Personally, I was looking forward to seeing how early they'd gel this season, and had high hopes for a unit that placed in the top-10, maybe even the top-7.

Without Jones, who accounted for 25% of the QB pressures on his own, and is the only DL that demands a double-team, I'm now concerned that our DL won't be able t consistently generate anything close to the same kind of pressure, which is a problem, considering that Spags' defense is predicated on generating pressure from the DL.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote