View Single Post
Old 08-01-2023, 01:32 PM   #20
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
Regardless of how a person feels about Brady, we're lucky we have a QB who not only considers the best to be his standard, but has oriented his entire approach around that.

They were the same age when they won their first Super Bowls, and he's only 1 behind where Brady was at the same age. I'm sure Mahomes will feel that he can put his name right up there. Whether he does or doesn't, that's the sort of person you want.
I agree. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. To win at the level Brady did, you have to be willing to sacrifice money. There is no way around it in the cap era. We will see how Mahomes next contract falls but if he is up over $50/million per year, it is going to be virtually impossible for him to catch Brady. I think it's impossible no matter what as 7 rings is just a ridiculous number. Also, Andy Reid is a lot older than when Belichick began with Brady. Mahomes won't have Reid for his entire career so it is paramount that he wins as much as possible in the next 3-5 years.
GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote