View Single Post
Old 07-30-2023, 03:07 PM   #1039
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'll always dream on the possibility of a Winn/Edman middle infield.

NOTHING will get up the middle with those 2. And with the shift banned, the range of those two guys would be a MASSIVE boost to our pitching staff. People keep pretending like our defense doesn't cost us a run or 2 every game and then act surprised when we lose so many 1 run ballgames.

But give me a world where we lock GGs at SS and 2b for the next 3 years and I guarantee you the pitching improves in front of it.

Edman's been done dirty by this franchise. That said, if you could trade him to a team that needs a SS and get a true CFer back in the deal, you go ahead and do that. And put Donovan at 2b and Gorman at DH.
Listen, I love Edman. Elsewhere on the internet I advocated last August that Edman, when healthy, would be worth playing middle IF due to his defense and not worth upgrading for Trea Turner and upgrading C was more worthwhile.

However, Donovan makes him redundant. While he’s not as good of a defender as Edman, he’s still like 80% of the defender Edman is and a substantially better hitter than Edman is while being younger.

I like Edman, but he shouldn’t be kept over Donovan, Gorman, or Winn.

The defense issues have also been more with the OF and Burleson and Walker having to play regularly in the OF.

Also, Arenado hasn’t been as good defensively this year.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.