View Single Post
Old 07-30-2023, 02:50 PM   #1035
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Regarding the Montgomery deal - I'm not a huge fan of Roby; again I'm gonna break with the prospect guys here. To me, the guy he looks most like in our system is....Robberse. He's another smallish righty with 4 pitches, none of which are likely to profile as plus, and a fastball that is okay. Honestly he just looks like Kloffenstein-Light; both in terms of stature and prospect status.

Saggese is the guy out of that deal I like the most but for HIM to make this a winner of a deal, I think a deal for Donovan or maybe Edman has to be made to clear a spot for him. He looks to be maybe a Chris Taylor sort of player; defensively versatile with a little pop but an average hit tool. Just looks like a dirt dog who will probably play in the big leagues someday.

I think the return on Hicks was solid. I think the return on Montgomery is underwhelming. I think we got a middle reliever and a utility infielder there. I feel like you should've been able to do more than that with a #3 starter given how many teams BADLY need starting pitching and are in the thick of a post-season fight.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.