View Single Post
Old 07-30-2023, 02:44 PM   #1034
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Kloffenstein isn’t really a prospect. Robberse is the guy who will make or break that trade.

The Jays need the whiffs that Hicks will provide and have for a few years now. He’ll probably pitch in a setup role once Romano returns.
I'm not sure i agree.

I mean Kloffenstein was a top 10 prospect for the Jays a year ago and a guy they broke the slot record for signing bonuses to get signed. They really liked him. And yes, he struggled in 2022 but has had a nice year in 2023.

He's a PLANET; built like an absolute tank. Works in the 94 mph range and can hit 97. Has 4 pitches including a slider that profiles as a big league pitch and a change that MIGHT become a plus pitch. He's only 22. I see no reason at all to write him off as a prospect even if the prospect hounds have. You set his profile and his performance this year side by side with McGreevy and there's no reason to pick McGreevy over him as likely to be a SP in the big leagues over the next 2 seasons.

And the prospect guys like Robberse but he just looks like a relief pitcher to me. He's an undersized 'pitchability' righty with no putaway pitch to speak of.

Of the two, I'd bank on Kloffenstein having a more impactful career, though I don't expect either of them to ever be more than maybe a #4 starter.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.