View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 06:02 PM   #87
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
There's your problem. If you're paying for it, you're doing it wrong.

But yeah, they can be crowded. Still, they almost universally have more comfortable seats than you'll find on a concourse, often have nice views of the airfield, and the expectation is that you'll be there hanging out for a while vs. a restaurant that wants you to get in and get out. I also generally find that I eat healthier food in lounges than I do at restaurants - casseroles, soups, salads, roasts vs burgers and fries.

You don't care about alcohol, I know, but for me that's worth around $15-$20 per person for a couple of drinks compared to what I'd pay in a restaurant.

That said, some lounges suck. I'm excited for United to get all their upgrades done at DEN, as the current lounges there are some of my least favorite I've ever stepped foot in.
100% of all of this... I travel internationally for most of my current trips (I DON'T miss work travel in the least) so I do my best to add some buffer during layovers, and that longer buffer is best spent in a lounge. And while I was an American Airlines loyalist 8 years ago, having met friends who work for United, I'm converted. In the last 8 years they've cancelled only one of my flights, and that was because they were clearing jets out of IAH because of a pending hurricane. Lucky for me, my friends know the system and have contacts and had me booked through to NAS on Delta in an hour. I'm blessed in many ways..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.