View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM   #74
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I still don't get the appeal of the lounges. They're just another place to sit in my opinion, and the only time that I did it in the past few years they were just as crowded as being out at the gates. Maybe I was there on a bad day or something, but I was in three lounges and one of them was under construction and not comfortable. Another was really crowded, and the third one was fine, I guess. They had free food that I wasn't really into, and the fine one had a nap room where I could stretch out on a hard uncushioned bench, which was admittedly a good thing since it was an international layover. But I need more evidence of comfort before I would actually pay for lounge access.
There's your problem. If you're paying for it, you're doing it wrong.

But yeah, they can be crowded. Still, they almost universally have more comfortable seats than you'll find on a concourse, often have nice views of the airfield, and the expectation is that you'll be there hanging out for a while vs. a restaurant that wants you to get in and get out. I also generally find that I eat healthier food in lounges than I do at restaurants - casseroles, soups, salads, roasts vs burgers and fries.

You don't care about alcohol, I know, but for me that's worth around $15-$20 per person for a couple of drinks compared to what I'd pay in a restaurant.

That said, some lounges suck. I'm excited for United to get all their upgrades done at DEN, as the current lounges there are some of my least favorite I've ever stepped foot in.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.