View Single Post
Old 06-20-2023, 10:55 PM   #13571
Supporter

Here is an interesting video on covered call funds. I think they are a little overly harsh. I think they have a little more value in an income focused portfolio.

Interestingly, the 2 funds you listed appear to have mirrored the upswing of Tesla. That would run counter to what the video proports. But both things could be true, however. These funds could be getting buying volume of dudes wanting to own Tesla (at $18 rather 270) and it may be a bump in fund price because they're 1. New and 2. Investors don't understand them. OR, the video is wrong. It'll be interesting to see how those fair over the long term. I'm watching SPYI. They run covered call spreads that should participate some upside (probably while losing some income potential).

Interesting stuff Hog. Thanks for sharing.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.