View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 12:32 PM   #13569
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
After opening a Roth in 2021, it has finally turned green this week.
My two biggest mistakes:
1. Betting on the bottom of Peloton after it sank quite a bit only to have it sink way more. Never averaged down, but finally gave up and sold the position awhile back.
2. Holding ARK.G. I'm fascinated by the gene editing companies like CRSP though I am not knowledgeable enough to really know the industry. I figured ARK.G would give me exposure and manage it better than I could. I keep averaging down on this one figuring it will eventually turn around.

The turnaround has been on solid companies that have now recovered for which I continued to buy over time and picking a few others that followed Minervini's VCP pattern and selling into gains to protect the earnings (thanks Lewdog for suggesting his book). Hopefully the positive trend can continue from here on out...
I finally gave up on the strategy of buying companies when their stock goes down. It's a very logical strategy that has never seemed to work for me. I've changed my strategy to buying companies that are up for the year on days when they're down. We'll see if that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I'm getting ready to go ALL IN on TSLY / NVDY

If the Dividend holds I'll double my money every 15 to 16 months

If it doesnt, it will take 24 months.

I just moved 10K over waiting for it to settle and am strongly considering selling one rental to throw all in.

That's how damn serious I am.
Good luck to you. I don't really understand what they're doing, so I'll keep my distance. But I hope you get rich.

On the topic of getting rich, I have a ton of NVDA and AMD. Times are good for me right now. I need to sell a little just to lock in some profit and rebalance, but it's just sooooo good right now.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote