View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 09:50 AM   #188
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Go to the 22:00 min mark in this video and start listening and you will realize pretty much everything you believe about carbs and fat is wrong along with many long held beliefs in what types of diets and training burn more fat etc....

Its fairly technical and I've re-listened to many parts of it but I find it fascinating. Dr. Galpin trains a lot of profession athletes along a wide spectrum of sports along with teaching at Cal State Fullerton.

Edit: It does however explain why so many different types of diets and exercise programs are effective.
I'll definitely have to re-listen to some of it... he's not amazing to listen to, heh.

Some of the time it's all "nobody know anything, this is how it is" and "it's all very simple" and then he'll also deep dive on things and go on tangents that aren't anywhere near answering the question.

I get the feeling he wants everyone to know how much he knows versus trying to educate, but I'm sure there are some good points in there for research, if nothing else.

I skipped around a bit and he mentioned the body wanting to burn fat for energy after a workout while storing carbs (since you're generally low on carbs).... thought that was interesting (at least until he said the after burn effect is minimal and doesn't really matter ).

I just watched a Jeff Nippard video on metabolism and his thoughts echoed what this guy was saying... building muscle is good, but the effects on metabolism isn't amazing per day (it could be per year, or over the course of years), and not what people once thought. Jeff mentioned adding 30lbs of muscle over 5 years and used that as an example to budge metabolism.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.