View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 10:45 PM   #13564
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
YOU THINK I GIVE A **** ABOUT A DIVIDEND?!?!? WHERE THE **** HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!

Honestly, I prefer companies without a dividend. That means they will instead put money back into the business.

Maybe I'm not sold on DIS though but the forecast stuff I see kind of shows it being pretty beaten down. Some of the other tech and growth stocks seem a bit inflated with this recent run-up, and I have positions in others like PYPL, SQ, AMZN, GOOGL and BROS. I keep my individual stock long term positions to 10 or less stocks.
It’s fine dude. Just make sure DRIP is on. Cool out yo. **** SPY has a dividend. Do you hate it too?

You’d prefer companies that don’t have a dividend, but do you prefer companies that shitcanned their dividend? Cash flow does not necessarily always go to either dividend or expansion/development. It can also be used for stock buyback, which is awesome for you, and to cover losses, service variable rate debt which is not awesome for you.

I’m not trying to talk you out of it necessarily. I think it’s probably a hood but I see a lot of red flags that make me uncomfortable without some additional research that I’m not willing to do at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Lol I stumbled upon the dividends subreddit recently and those ****ers’ entire portfolios are dividends.

I won’t lie, they make it sound amazing when they get to the point where they’re making $2, $3, $4k per month in dividends.
Right? I threw a few buck at some dividend funds and stocks in a brokerage just to piddle, and I thought it was a decent hedge in the downturn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
I'm going to have to check this out. I'm hoping to build up my retirement fund to a point that it will produce a nice monthly income without touching the principal balance. Dividends would do that.
I don’t think you’ve ever told me how old you are, but the most likely best program is to put a wide swath into a growth ETF and roll some into bonds, fixed income instruments and dividend funds as you get closer.

Or you could be a lazy **** like me. My self directed funds are target date funds that will do that for me.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.