View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 02:21 PM   #1638
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
As far as I can tell, only you and Megatron ( oh, and Billy) think the team is 'settling' for JAGS when they've invested in a first round WR and two second round WR's in a span of 12 months. Oh, and two of those guys are in year two of this offense and know what to do now.

This is a bunch of hand wringing nonsense.
I don’t think anybody is saying that. Right now I think we have the WR room tyreek deserved in 2021. It has potential to be one of the deepest we’ve had in years (we didn’t get better because we lost tyreek… we got better because we finally focused on WR depth and a capable RB). And there’s POTENTIAL that we’ve maybe finally found a WR1. But it’s not going to just fall in place right away and not every bet we make is going to hit. Reid is an amazing coach but that is asking for a lot of pieces to fall into place. And yeah good chance none of these guys provide a stable WR1 knowing that’s a high bar to hit. I did not say we have JAGS. I think we have a ton of uncertainty and an overly rosy view of how easily it will fall into place. And while we know mahomes as the guy who can carry lesser players people forget how frustrated he looked at the end of 2021 because outside of tyreek our WRs made mistake after mistake or guys who flat out couldn’t get open even with the entire defense swarming kelce/tyreek. Yeah, I think Reid and mahomes greatness is being used way too much like a crutch. In this instance, one stable rock at WR allows you to build this experimental WR room without having to subject ourselves to all this risk.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote