View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 12:09 PM   #1630
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
If all of our returning receivers just did what they did last season we have 4,000 yards banked already. That’s with nothing from Rice or James. We’re fine either way as I don’t subscribe to the notion that JJSS was the one responsible for opening up most of those catches. I like to believe Skyy and Toney will contribute much more this season. If we get Dhop that’s icing on the cake but still wouldn’t overlay him and make it impossible to keep some of the other key pieces that we’ll have to pay in the next season or two.
I think this is the most sensible way to look at this issue. The Chiefs are going to be fine. They will have another 5000 yard passing season or very close to it.

Everybody got all excited [including me] about the prospects of adding Hopkins. but it’s pretty clearly not going to happen. He’s probably going to go to Cleveland or someone else that pays him more than Kansas City Will.

But just because our excitement didn’t pan out last night drop into despair. I don’t think there was anywhere near this level of angst about the wide receiver situation before the Hopkins option started getting discussed.

This isn’t our biggest problem. Our biggest problem is that the Eagles and the Bengals, who were basically as good as the Chiefs last year. [with the difference, been more luck than anything else] which seem to have improved a lot more than we have. But we’re still close enough that we can still be in the hunt and if we continue to be lucky, we can win another Super Bowl.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.