View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 11:10 AM   #1621
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
To expect Toney to play a full season is probably unrealistic. If he goes down for several weeks, there will be some confusion for certain.

Even if he doesn't, as CZ said, these guys will be moved all over formations, given more route combinations, etc. Skyy will be given a lot more responsibility than just blocking assignments.

Skyy struggled most of last season, it's just a fact. It's a fact that he caught 1 or 0 balls in 11 games last year. it's a fact that this isn't that unusual for 2nd year WRs in Andy's offense either. To expect Skyy to just blossom into his prime this season is probably a little optimistic. i expect he'll be better in 2023, but not 100% polished. Sorry, but I just don't see him becoming Larry Fitzgerald in 2023.

MVS will do exactly what he's been doing for about four years now.

Rice will do rookie things, make some mistakes, probably drop a few balls which will draw the ire of GDT CPers all season, because they'll inevitably turn a couple drops into a career-long issue. But he'll be brought along slowly, just like everyone else.

James will have a decent but not exceptional season.

Watson will do pretty much what he did last year.

No one else in the WR room is worth mentioning at this point.

This isn't pining for DHop, or being pessimistic; it's called being realistic.

The floor is Toney plays 7 games and doesn't come back for the playoffs. Skyy repeats his less than stellar performance from last season. Rice can't separate, can't hang onto the ball. James is no more than advertised; a rotational slot WR. Watson is really just a ST guy masquerading as a WR. Neither Ross pans out. That's the worst case scenario. Which I haven't gotten near in my posts.

The best case is:

Toney plays the full season and the playoffs, goes for 1,600 yards/16 TDs.

Skyy=1,400 yards/8 Tds

Rice=800 yds/6 TDs

MVS=900 yds/6 TDs

Justyn Ross=700 yds/6 TDs

John Ross=800 yds/7 TDs

blahblahblah

Quite clearly, I've chosen to believe that our WR group will achieve something in the middle.

If that comes across as pessimistic, that's a 'you' problem, friend.
Come on man nobody thinks the WR room is going to put up like 6000 yards.

I don't have a 'me' problem. I'm a Chiefs fan and have the best GM, head coach, and QB in football and when they all tell me we're in good shape with a deep WR room, I'm relaxed.

Some of you guys, not so much. You haven't adjusted your 'because Chiefs' meter yet.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.