View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 07:39 AM   #252
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
I need follow up here... What happened when they heard it??

My story was when I was 11 years old living in Spain, summer of '82. Used to get 100 pesetas a week allowance (basically a dollar a week). We lived in an apartment off base in Barajas, just outside of Madrid. I was saving my money for a new album, unlike anything I ever owned before. Didn't want to tell my mom about it. I finally save up the 400 pesetas and go to the little record store close to us and pick it up. Bring it home, slap it on the turntable, and started rocking my little 11 year old ass off. The album changed me forever musically. My mother, who was a saint (not kidding there) came in my room and asked what I had bought. This is what she was hearing, and what she saw:

She was a bit...taken aback, especially by the album cover...but in the end, she let it go. Mom was the best.
My parents were always appalled with my musical choices. Of course I grew up during the Satanic Panic and among other things, I played Dungeons and Dragons too. So my mom was firmly convinced I was possessed or something.

Now that I'm almost 50 and they can see I don't drink blood or sacrifice babies, they realize that the music wasn't ever really a problem.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote