View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023, 09:52 PM   #77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBILL View Post
After watching your excellent presentation … I had to take a moment to weigh in here.

As you … and many of the reader here know … I am a long time Chiefs fan attending their first preseason game at Municipal Stadium in 1963 at the tender age of nine years old. Today … at 69 years old that passion still burns inside of me as it did 60 years ago.

I’m not sure if you … or many of the readers here know … that NFL films used to do a yearly film on all NFL teams at the end of each season. I first noticed them in the 1970’s and they always put a positive spin on each team’s season.

Narrated by the Late … LEGENDARY GREAT … John Facenda … they replayed highlights of every game of the season. They always had an interesting title. In the Chiefs case during the 1970’s they were titled something like “A Season of Hope”

John Facenda died in 1984 and Steve Sabol in 2012 so I’m not sure if they did them after the “VOICE” of the NFL died. They were informative … always positive … and fun to watch. But they stayed with the highlights only.

That brings me to your latest work.

You SIR … have brought season highlights to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!!!

This film … This presentation ... is undoubtedly the best thing I have EVER seen involving an NFL team.

From the Steve Sabol opening … to the “talking heads” edits and additions … to the movie edits … the television edits … the caricature edits with voice over’s … the “Magnificent Seven” music bed and especially the ending clips were MAGNIFICENT!

Not only do I believe the Kansas City Chiefs need to stand up and take notice of your work … but I believe the ENTIRE NFL need to take heed on what you and your team have accomplished here!

This is FRESH … extremely well done. It’s totally 2023 in perspective … The future of highlight films for ALL sports ... and you should be considered to do this for every team in the NFL regardless if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl that that year or not. Your work has grown to THAT LEVEL brother!

What Ed and Steve Sabol started years ago has morphed into the fantastic presentation you gave us here. I’m not ashamed to tell you that as a long time Chiefs fan … and at 69 years old … I teared up more than once watching your film tonight. Haters be damned ... I’m old and love the Chiefs THAT MUCH!

In closing … I think the Sabol’s … along with John Facenda would be proud of the work you have done and here and would totally endorse you and your team to carry the torch for NFL films in the years to come.

Fantastic Job Clay !
Can only give one upvote. Looked to do it 3 times.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote