Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 12:33 PM   #2206
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I enjoyed the first couple of seasons - then it kinda turned into a basic procedural. But it was at least an "America, **** Yeah!" sort of action procedural. And it came out at a time when every single show on television was steeped in moral ambiguity.

The Last Ship has none of that. There are the good guys and the bad guys and it's pretty obvious from the jump who is who. No heel turns to speak of, unnecessary twists. Just good ol' American horsepower kicking some ass.

It's pretty brainless entertainment but I mostly enjoyed it.
Thank you for your insight, I agree with you.

I did find that later in the series, they injected a lot of new twists/characters that made it very interesting to the point I had a hard time turning it off for the day. In fact, early on in the series I was concerned the plot may have been a result of the recent pandemic.

It is right in the wheelhouse of what I enjoy, as Sci Fi, Gore and police shows have no interest for me. Of course, being a Navy vet probably has some serious impact on my interest level.
Also, the timetable of when it was filmed/produced, was prior to a lot of industry requirements for diversity, sexual and racial issues we see in the latest stuff that is often a turn off for this old fart.

Last edited by HemiEd; 05-02-2023 at 12:38 PM..
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.