View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 06:17 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
You don't base your entire draft strategy on hedging for injuries to All-Pros. We have Gray, Bell, Fortson and even Bushman who should get a solid shake at making the roster over Forston. The Chiefs don't need another guy to get by if a major injury were to happen. If it does, then you go looking for another All-Pro. Otherwise, you have a guy sitting on the bench for the next 3 years for nothing.
When your draft decision is a perennial all-pro or a rotational guy that should be able to do roughly what Frank Clark does, maybe worse....Veach let me down here.

We are spoiled on high level TE play. That's fine. We figure a 1,200 yard 20 TD TE is just replacement value. Last spot on the team to ever worry about. I can't agree. But the die is cast and we're now heading into an era of unspoiled TE play. I don't look forward to it but we have a lot of it ahead of us. Decades of it. Didn't have to happen but we wanted it.

Veach rolled the dice in his younger days. Now he's clinching them in his fist to make sure no one can get those dice out of his hands. We used to have a guy at the helm ready to take risks to prove himself. Now he takes risks to not have to prove himself. It was a subtle transition indeed.

Just one observer's observation.
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.