View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 01:15 PM   #233
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Feel like Zach Eflin has been more of an under the radar quality pitcher for a few years now and less of someone the Rays just turned into a solid arm.

I was talking with some friends that are Phillies fans about what they were going to do with him last year. He's had a 1.2 or lower WHIP for 4 years. Doesnt dig his own grave with walks. And across the board all of his expected numbers have been in the 3's since like 2018. The main wart was he was susceptible to giving up HR's a bit more than you would like, which so far in Tampa hasn't been an issue... yet.
Sure - but the market didn't value him that highly.

When the Rays were willing to give him the biggest FA contract in the HISTORY of their franchise, that told me he was worth a heck of a lot more than the market was supporting.

He's a strike thrower that the Rays have figured out how to get his stuff from roughly league average to probably 20% above league average. Add that increase in stuff to his command and you have...I dunno...Kevin Gausman potential?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.