View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 06:11 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
So is this because the surface is harder when a player lands on it?

Or because the surface provides a better grip for footwear and instead of the foot losing grip a knee blows out?

Or both?

I've always wondered whether on indoor artificial turf fields if you restricted the sort of cleats players could wear, so that at some point their foot would slip instead of their knee blowing out, would that improve player safety?
Personal experience is that field turf is pretty close to landing on grass but the grip is better and that's not always a good thing. It also ****ing SUCKS ASS when it's hot. I played games on that shit when it was 90-95 and the 1 ft above the turf was reading 130-140 degrees. Shit is HOT. The little rubber granules get in your eyes and shit too and sting like a mother****er. Field turf is much more forgiving than straight-up astro turf though. That shit sucks. Nothing like playing on a rug stretched over concrete. You stick to that shit so bad and then the strawberries from rug burn is amazing good fun. Hate that shit with all that I am.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote