Thread: Computers Youtube.TV
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 06:51 AM   #220
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
When I first signed up to YTTV, I wanted the ESPN sports channels to watch college basketball and MNF.

I didn't want to mess around with illegal streams.

YT had that plus the local over the air channels and it cost $35 a month.

Now I have dozens and dozens of more channels I never watch, the costs has more than doubled to $75 or whatever it is...

And it doesn't even freaking have all the Kansas BB games because ESPN+ is a separate subscription.

It is certainly a scam compared to $35 I was paying even with some inflation.

And I know have a better TV, but if I want the 4K option, here is an option to stiff you again.

No, my $35 option didn't have 4K but the general nature of technology improvement is you pay about the same price for something and get more capabilities. I'm not buying $10,000 laptops or paying $400 for broadband compared to ten years ago.

But when there is a lack of real competition...
100% agree with this, but technically "scam" (and I used it first) isn't accurate.

That said I don't think there's a word that means:

"Paying more for less, having the interface be for more challenging than before, and being told that '"it's just the new way" doesn't mean it's not bullshit, not an improvement for most people, and "the industry" is really working hard to charge more than you used to pay and tell you that a'la carte means you only pay for what you want and trying (badly) to convince you that it's awesome compared to what you had before."
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote