Thread: Computers Youtube.TV
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 11:23 AM   #190
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
With Youtube up to $73/mo starting this month, I think I'm gonna switch to Fubo at $85/mo to get Bally and MLB Network. At least through baseball season.

Anyone have any experience with them?
Honestly, with one night of YouTube TV to judge from, it was nice to have pause, reverse, and fast forward again, we didn't play with the the DVR function, but like you say at $73 I'm not sure it's worth it. As for Bally Sports and the Royals, perhaps sports as a whole, I agree, **** all these assholes.

But simple numbers are that we were paying ~$180/month for Google Fiber when they offered TV, now were at ~$70/month for Google Fiber as just an Internet provider. We have Amazon Prime, we have access to Netflix, I've piped a digital antenna signal into the house-wide coax wiring to all TVs, and the main TV has the Samsung Plus offering. In total all those things add up to a lesser experience than any streaming service, but they're pretty-much free. It was a journey adjusting to the larger environment and its limitations after Google ****ed-over their customer base by deciding to quit TV, but it's not like any of these streaming services don't take some adaptation to get used to either.

We might just cancel YouTube TV on day-8 of the 10-day trial and just deal with with what we have now because $70 a month is bullshit for just having DVR and the ability to stop and catch up and a few channels that would be nice. By the time they milk you for all the a'la carte offerings you've saved your way into a bill that's twice as much as you had 5 years ago. Just because you like football, baseball, and hockey...

I know it's the future, but outfits like Bally Sports can go **** themselves. Especially when your team is ****ing terrible.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.