View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 08:21 AM   #36949
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
Well to some people, he looks like he processes better, if you know what I mean…

Pat’s football intelligence has often been underrated. Hilarious considering he’s the top passer in the NFL since 2018, and the leagues best and most successful player since then. Only Brady ties him in ring count, yet Brady doesn’t have the MVPs to go with it. Rodgers ties him in MVPs, but doesn’t even have a SB appearance

I’ve never in my life seen a clear #1 QB over the whole NFL like this. Maybe Brady in 2017, but that was short lived because of the emergence of Mahomes in 2018
Ever heard of Nichols Law of Catcher's Defense?

It says that a catcher's defensive reputation is inversely proportional to his offensive ability.

Royals fans might vaguely remember this name - Tony Cruz. Tony Cruz was a TERRIBLE baseball player. I mean just absolute shit. He sucked at everything. Didn't present a target, couldn't block balls, had a lousy throwing arm. And god help him at the plate - he was hopeless there. He ****ing sucked. But he was Yadier Molina's buddy so he was on the roster.

Every single announcer who ever spoke about Tony Cruz called him something like "a strong catch and throw guy" as a backup. They just presumed he could play plus defense because he **** sure couldn't hit. The problem was that he was a wretched fielder; just trash. Every technical thing you could do, he did poorly. And it happens ALL the time. There are really solid offensive catchers who people presume are weak defenders BECAUSE they can hit (Realmuto dealt with this for several years).

Well folks see Burrow out there not really moving around much, not really making these insane rocket-powered throws into tight windows, not making crazy off-platform plays and they just assume "well hey - he's not spectacular so he MUST be a better processer than Mahomes..."

It's the ugly cousin of Nichols Law of Catchers Defense.

We're gonna call it Nuts Law of Quarterback Processing: A quarterbacks ability to read a defense is inversely proportional to his spectacular play potential.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote