View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 06:58 AM   #36945
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I haven't seen this angle discussed really so I thought I would repeat a thought about Palmer's comments here...

The other thing is that in talking about Burrow, he didn’t even try to hide the “system QB” stuff. He gave credit to Burrow (and criticized Mahomes implicitly) for playing within the offense and not improvising. The thing is, we as long term fans aren’t stupid. The whole “system” argument is used to prop up guys that aren’t good enough to carry their team to a championship. If anything, he’s actually denigrating Burrow and apparently doesn’t realize it.
Well, I mean, Montana was a system QB.

It's just different is all. There are the guys who are amazing within the offense, like Montana, or Brady. Then there are guys who are also freak athletes, like Favre, Young, Rodgers, and Mahomes.

It's just different. Some guys, especially coaches, might prefer the 'system' guy, because they want repeatable, explainable results. This is why a Jimmy Johnson would rather have a Herbert than a Mahomes.

Yeah, I agree, that's re-runned.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.