Thread: Other Sports Caitlin Clark is ****ing awesome
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 07:05 PM   #295
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
No, I don't think so. I think there may be some spillover from WNBA revenues into the NBA that don't make the losses on an annual basis be as large as they're reported ($10-$15 million a year) as I'd guess there are some fans of the WNBA who also spend $$ on the NBA in addition to people who usually don't spend $$ on basketball.

It still is a break-even or slight net-gain for owners, I would guess.
It is called swallowing the bullet so they don't get railed with bad press every single day for not supporting women's basketball.

It is pretty obvious. Both ESPN and the WNBA are forcing a financially losing product down our throats because they don't want to seen as the bad guys.

Look at the media narrative. It is basically if you don't like women's basketball, you are a backwards dinosaur.

For the owners, it is easier to take the slight bath then have to deal with the ravings of the mob.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote