Thread: Movies and TV MCU Meta Discussion
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 06:25 PM   #777
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
I think most would disagree about a few of those. Critics loved Shang-Chi. 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. Doctor Strange was well-received too.

I don't think either are masterpieces, but I probably wouldn't describe any Marvel movie as a "masterpiece."

Following this up, you can just look at history. Take a look at the BvS thread in this forum. Just go from pages 18-21:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...batman&page=18

You get a bunch of people overrating a shit movie, because they're too uncritical as both movie lovers and fanboys. Not to toot my own horn, but just because I did offer reasoning, compare my posts in those pages to the posts of those who were liking and defending the movie, and you'll see (hopefully) what I'm talking about.

Then go do the Suicide Squad thread

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...hlight=suicide

and some of the last Star Wars trilogy threads, and the reality that this place (which is really a bit of a microcosm of the U.S. movie geek world generally) is really shitty when it comes to giving good movie going advice should be obvious to you.

Everyone hates some great movies and likes some shitty movies, and that's fine. But that's also why the only way anyone should look at reviews for the sake of choosing whether to invest in the movie is to find reviewers who's likes/hates closely reflect their own over time. And it's also why people should acknowledge the quirk (yeah, I know that X is a great movie, but I couldn't get into it/yeah, I know that Y is a bad movie, but I really liked it anyway).

Last edited by Just Passin' By; 02-22-2023 at 07:38 PM..
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote