View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 06:45 PM   #13325
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I've had my checking account with Schwab and savings with Discover for about a decade at this point. The former is all mobile deposit, but they refund ATM fees anywhere in the world. The latter has a variable interest rate which is currently at 3.3%. It's not always the TOP interest rate, but it's always right there (and is a hell of a lot better than you'll get at any traditional bank).

The only downside is the extremely rare times when you have a bunch of cash that you need to deposit, so I ended up opening up a savings account with Chase (which has a branch about a quarter mile from me) and just parking $1k in it. I've only needed it a time or two, but it's nice to have the option.
This sounds familiar to my situation. I have a Discover card and considered their banking options. It was a serious contender.

I ended up going with Capital One. It consolidated everything and had the best combination for my needs.

I still have my Discover card. Who can pass up 5% cash back on groceries?
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.