Thread: Football Derek Carr ****ing sucks
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 02:14 PM   #1619
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
He's a league average QB. A journeyman who would be an upgrade for a QB-poor team but isn't going to win any titles. Since there are always going to be QB-poor teams, I would guess Carr will find work for a number of years yet in the league.

I don't know why he'd want to be traded, though. He could pick a team on the open market and not set them back in draft capital on his way in.

Don't the Raiders have to cut him by Feb 15 IIRC or his numbers become guaranteed for the year?
It guarantees the rest of his 60+ million contract for the next two years and for the team it insures that they get his services and not some other team. Carr still gets to choose his team via his no trade clause.

Carr might not get as much $ as a free agent. It's all a gamble.

I'm guessing the Raiders will get two 2nd rd picks (2023, 2024) for Carr.

Carolina will probably be the landing spot for him.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.