View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 08:53 AM   #226
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
There are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners.
Cool. So what should we do to prevent bad dog owners from getting these dogs?

Because I gotta be honest, the bad encounters I've had with dogs in the last 5 years have both been pits with bad owners. In my wife and I's last place, the neighbor's pit bull bit off part of our wooden fence and attacked our roommate's shepherd mix in our own backyard. My roommate and I bear hugged the pit to keep it from killing her dog. We knew full well the pit bull could **** us up or kill one of us if it wanted to, but thankfully that dog was just a derp to humans.

Our neighbors insisted that the pit was less dangerous than their 3 German Shepherds (all that were just left outside in their backyard 24/7). But those German Shepherds never ate our ****ing wooden fence or tried to kill our roommates dogs. We installed metal wire fencing behind our wooden fence after that. The dog tried to get through another time, but never made it through the metal.

In our new house, a person down the street lets his pit run loose just whenever. The dog is nice enough, ran up to me as I was bagging groceries once wanting to play (after that my wife and I now carry bear mace whenever we go out on a walk). Unfortunately, my wife and I's Australian Shepherd is leash aggressive, and would try to attack that pit bull if we ever took it on a walk in our neighborhood. Talked to the guy down the street, who said that was a problem with our dog. 👍

Folks on our street have called the police/animal control on that pit when it's running loose, and yet, the dog still runs around free at least a couple of times a month. Hope it doesn't end in disaster for my children, wife, or any of the other kids who live in our area!

Last edited by Chiefspants; 01-10-2023 at 09:02 AM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote