View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 05:30 PM   #4275
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
1) Well, we can't get consistent pressure without blitzing; the problem with blitzing is that you end up short in coverage. So I guess you'd prefer to just let the Joe Burrows of the league sit there all day, but with the rules the way they are, someone will get open eventually. So Spags rolls the dice. It is what it is.

2)Green dog schmean dog. I don't see the opposition leaving a lot of extra blockers in, unless we're blitzing. We do, for example, blitz a LB quite a bit. So you know, numbers in coverage issues again.
Unless you're privy to the actual playcall, I doubt you have any idea what Gay or Bolton's responsibilities are on any given play.

3)Mcduffie is playing well, but he's still a rookie. I see a lot simpler back end scheme than in previous years, and I'm sure that's due to the three rookies. I'm sure leaving guys on their specific side is part of that.

I'm not sure why it is that so many of you don't get that we have Jones doubled and NOBODY ELSE CAN GET HOME. We don't win the one on ones enough up front, and we'll look bad against quality QB's when that's true.

You can fire Spags; and whomever takes over will have the same issues unless we get more pass rush from the front four.
Exactly! Because the line can’t get consistent pressure they have to blitz and hope the QB makes a mistake. Leaving QBs like Burrow all day to throw the ball with those receivers is foolish. Look at the 2007 Patriots. They were unstoppable until the SB when the Giants Dline consistently pressured and harassed Brady and that elite offense was neutralized and they lost the SB.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote