View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 10:05 AM   #4126
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
I'm basing more off the totality of work, not just by a few games where they had to pickup the offense. Overall, I don't think you could ever rank Spags defense in the top half of the league, in any given year they've always floated around mid-tier. If you've seen what Brady was able to do with top ten defenses in his career, that seems to be the winning formula. My argument centers around not wasting Pat's prime years, and other playmakers on our team, based on loyalty to a good, but never great defense and/or coordinator. Patrick's trajectory is going towards Aaron Rodgers more than it is Tom Brady at this point, and it's better to see it in advance and correct it rather than let our late 20s stars retire or go to another team before you get it right. If we win the Superbowl this year, or get to the AFC Championship, then I'll gladly say let's try it again. But if they regress and lose out because the defense couldn't stop anyone in the Divisional or Wildcard rounds, then it's a glaring problem at that point in an offseason full of questions on how do we make the team better to get back to the point we were once at.
Let's cross that bridge if we get to it. For now it's not just a few games. They have shown up for THE games that matter. That's the totality that matters.. Who cares if we have regular season struggles if we find our way in the playoffs. If we're talking about wasting our prime mahomes years... Its been our offense that's wasted that so far.

I agree we gotta put the pressure on. I think he gets some grace for having a team this young. But I just think people are revising history about how spags has costed us much of anything yet. Or that we have no reason for optimism that he can turn things around for the playoffs.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.