View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 10:04 AM   #2003
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Tbh, I don't think most billionaires have 10s of millions in liquidity just lying around. I'd truly be curious how the logistics of all of these big money contracts work. Like, in years in which a player is due large sums, how do they move that money around? Aaron Rodgers, for example, was due something absurd like $40+ mil in 2022 alone.

Also, and this is a bit off topic, but I've read that the Bengals may face a similar issue when the time comes to extend Burrow, Chase and possibly Higgins. Apparently Brown is one of the least wealthy NFL owners and isn't projected to have the cash flow to ink such large deals so close together.

I'm sure they'll figure it out, as the Raiders probably would/will if necessary, though.
I've always been curious about this, too. Having non-liquid assets doesn't necessarily mean you have a lot of cash available. Guys like Mark Davis and Mike Brown don't really have massive assets other than their teams, so it seems like they pay everything via the team's cash flow. Granted, I suspect that NFL teams are highly profitable so the model must work, but those teams need the money, whereas numerous other teams could be run as a hobby.

I kind of wonder if we could at some point have teams fold if the big-money TV contracts take a hit. In the 1920s teams folded because expenses were really low but revenues were also really low. Then we had a long period of time where expenses were relatively low and revenues grew rapidly. Now we're in an era where expenses are really high. Some of these legacy teams need revenues to be really high to cover those expenses, so if the revenues go down, what happens to them?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote