View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 07:09 PM   #109
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I've always be tempted to buy one of the Caldwells but never pulled the trigger.

Have you ever smoked any Brick House? I have not.

I own a 250 capacity Newair electric humidor. I love it. Works great. I also have a 50 cedar lined humidor for overflow and when I need to dry my cigars out from 72-74% humidity. I prefer a moist cigar.

The only cigar that gives me a lot of trouble with a >70% humidity is the Alec Bradley Prensado. It's oily wrapper holds a lot of moisture.
I've tried 10 or so Brick House (the fresh pack samplers) and thought they were ok. I'd definitely smoke them again, but don't think I'd buy them as there are other cigars I'd prefer near the same price point.

Caldwell is solid all around. I've heard to expect the prices to go up because of the factory fire they had a couple months back, but haven't seen an increase yet.

Re: plume... I don't know where I stand on that subject. It is pretty hotly debated. I've read some of the study results from both sides. Some say plume is 100% legit, others say all plume is mold. I probably lean towards the latter but am not educated enough to argue one way or the other. Either way, I haven't experienced it. Regardless, everything I've heard is that even if it is mold, as long as it is on the wrapper only and not on the foot you can wipe it off and still smoke the cigar. Again, I've never experienced it so don't know how I would react. And I'm 100% not saying you're wrong; I don't have the expertise to give a well-informed argument either way. I do have some super toothy cigars and they absolutely have great added flavor with the oil pockets.
emaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about