View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 11:21 AM   #201
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I don't have a problem with pitt's, although I've never personally owned one ( just my roommates). We were looking to adopt a dog last year when my Swissy died. Looking on the shelter websites, and most of the dogs for adoption are pitts or pitt mixes. That might be why.
The reason there's so many pits up for adoption is because they're THE popular breed amongst bad pet owners.

Other places might have other breeds that have high "give up" rates. In California, for example, there's a lot of toy breeds in shelters because people buy designer dogs as accessories and don't realize until after they get them that pets are a lot of ****ing work.

But around here, the shelters are full of pits. People get them thinking they're buying a samurai sword or Glock. "Hey, look at Mauler. My dog is tougher than your dog". Then the dog does something bad and they're not prepared for the fallout. And when I say "bad" I don't just mean attacking somebody. I knew somebody whose pit chewed the corner off a 75G acrylic aquarium while there was fish in it.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote