View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 07:24 AM   #13173
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
I got a job offer that's going to pay me more than I've ever made in my life (I'm a few years from 40 so I guess it's about time) I figure I'll have about 10-15k I want to invest my first year. Is that a good amount? Where should I begin?
First, congrats to you. 2nd, are you planning on taking this job then?

Buehler is spot on so the only thing I'll add is that you should be saving at minimum 10% of your salary for retirement but 20% is preferable, especially if you're behind on retirement savings.

But first you need an emergency fund like mentioned and you also need to be saving for a new car, so it's ok to start on the lower end of the retirement savings spectrum, but once those are accomplished you'll need to ramp up your amount. With every raise, add 1-2% to your retirement savings percentage.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote