View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 03:31 PM   #5301
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
We don't use Borla here so i couldn't really tell you.

What i can tell you is that i've had a number of local guys who absolutely hate the sound of the Flowmaster stuff.

"Tin Can" would be a good way to explain it. Mostly it's the issue of exhaust drone. Flowmaster is notorious for it. I've known people who regretted putting Flowmaster on. But to each their own, right?

We were big supporters of Spintech for awhile.

Then we had one of our local customers pull up in his '66 coupe. Engine is nothing too special, a 331. But goddamn his exhaust sounded mean and he put us on to Black Widow and we've been using it ever since.

The "No Drone" thing is the biggest sell point. As their slogan says, "All Tone, No Drone". It's an aggressive sounding exhaust.

I have no sales pitch for them. (Quite frankly, i barely make anything off of selling their product so i could really give a damn if i personally sell it or not).

Just wanted to hand out some anecdotal info.

We're dead smack in the middle of building an exhaust system right now using two of their mufflers.
I like the sound of Flowmasters, got a pair of 40 Series on the Jeep but I do know the drone your talking about. Luckily with my Jeeps gearing it doesn't spend enough time at 2K RPM's to make it an issue.
Side note, you can crush those things against rocks/tree stumps until they pancake flat and they will still work. I haven't put that to the test, BTW.
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.