View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 02:12 PM   #5298
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
So when people talk about 'drone' - what are they referring to in your experience?

Because in the Camaro I had a really bad harmonic resonance at about 1200 RPM where the whole cabin would 'fill' and you could really feel it. I'd have to feather the throttle one direction or another to get out of that rev range anytime I hit it. Obviously that's no bueno; made the car damn near undriveable (I finally took the pipes out past the rear axle to get rid of it; partially to pass inspection but also just to make the vehicle more driveable).

Or are they referring to just that thrum that comes from sitting at a cruising RPM. Because as far as I can tell...that's just noise. It's what you ask for when you get an aggressive exhaust.
It's a dull hum. A dull, hollow, monotone hum. It could even cause vibrations in the car. You'll hear it more cruising on the fwy @ 2K RPM than you would at idle. For me, it ****ing puts me to sleep during freeway driving. It's a much bigger deal on your Camaro than your truck as your Truck likely has resonators and a design that aid in reducing drone.

Even on this coyote swap i keep mentioning we are using resonators.

It sounds like what you are describing with your Camaro is a drone issue. Im guessing your exhaust is custom from the headers back?
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.