View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 01:49 PM   #5295
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I mean the 5.7L Hemi is pretty much timeless at this point so it's not hard to find an exhaust note for it.

I feel like I agree with the consensus on the Flowmasters though - they do sound...I dunno....hollow? Tinny? They're just a hell of a lot cheaper. And I think I really like that rolled 4'' high polish chrome tip; it's gonna look damn sharp on the painted black bumpers.

Mostly I was just hoping someone would talk me INTO the cheaper option. Very few seem inclined to do so.

So how do your guys compare to Borla? Any sort of general statements? I know some systems are designed to sound 'sportier' and that's not really what I'm looking for. I don't need it to necessarily sound like a corvette with that almost snarl noise. I'm looking for something pretty guttural.

So what's your elevator pitch for these guys? What might make them stand apart from Borla? Looks like I'd probably be most interested in the Venom 300 (from listening to their sound clips). Maybe the 250. The Race and Widowmakers are too harsh, IMO.
We don't use Borla here so i couldn't really tell you.

What i can tell you is that i've had a number of local guys who absolutely hate the sound of the Flowmaster stuff.

"Tin Can" would be a good way to explain it. Mostly it's the issue of exhaust drone. Flowmaster is notorious for it. I've known people who regretted putting Flowmaster on. But to each their own, right?

We were big supporters of Spintech for awhile.

Then we had one of our local customers pull up in his '66 coupe. Engine is nothing too special, a 331. But goddamn his exhaust sounded mean and he put us on to Black Widow and we've been using it ever since.

The "No Drone" thing is the biggest sell point. As their slogan says, "All Tone, No Drone". It's an aggressive sounding exhaust.

I have no sales pitch for them. (Quite frankly, i barely make anything off of selling their product so i could really give a damn if i personally sell it or not).

Just wanted to hand out some anecdotal info.

We're dead smack in the middle of building an exhaust system right now using two of their mufflers.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote