View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 01:25 PM   #5289
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Flowmaster is regarded among those "in the know" as one of the worst sounding generic mufflers these days.

I'll lead you down the same path i led Marcellus down and he seemed pretty happy. Same stuff we use in the shop.

Matter of fact, i just received an X-pipe and (2) Venom 250 Series mufflers to build the exhaust on this '70 Coyote Swap we're building.

https://www.blackwidowexhaust.com/

They even have a nifty page where they have hundreds of user submitted exhaust clips. You might even find your truck in there.

And you can buy them through me. Or not. Which ever. But they have a great sound.
I mean the 5.7L Hemi is pretty much timeless at this point so it's not hard to find an exhaust note for it.

I feel like I agree with the consensus on the Flowmasters though - they do sound...I dunno....hollow? Tinny? They're just a hell of a lot cheaper. And I think I really like that rolled 4'' high polish chrome tip; it's gonna look damn sharp on the painted black bumpers.

Mostly I was just hoping someone would talk me INTO the cheaper option. Very few seem inclined to do so.

So how do your guys compare to Borla? Any sort of general statements? I know some systems are designed to sound 'sportier' and that's not really what I'm looking for. I don't need it to necessarily sound like a corvette with that almost snarl noise. I'm looking for something pretty guttural.

So what's your elevator pitch for these guys? What might make them stand apart from Borla? Looks like I'd probably be most interested in the Venom 300 (from listening to their sound clips). Maybe the 250. The Race and Widowmakers are too harsh, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.