Thread: Movies and TV House of the Dragon
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 07:55 AM   #223
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Aside from killing his wife to try and save his son...
There aren't many unambiguously ethical people in this universe.

He's a hell of a lot better dude than Daemon, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
It feels like he generally tries to do the right thing, but I still think Daemon's description of him in E1 is accurate. Too easily influenced by those around him. It was also clearly a mistake for him to wed Hightower's daughter over Velaryon's daughter, which again was a product of him being easily influenced.
I see him more as a guy who is trying to make everyone happy, which is just not possible in his position.

I'm also not sure he is so easily influenced. Obviously he was manipulated into marrying Alicent by Otto, but Otto is also always in his ear telling him how to handle Daemon and he ignores his counsel all the time. He ignored Corlys' proposal for marriage to his daughter, he ignored societal norms in naming Rhaenyra is heir, and he's in the process of ignoring his duty to enforce a political marriage for Rhaenyra.

He shows a lot of strength in making decisions all the time. I think his biggest issue is just being a people pleaser and often making the wrong decisions (or at least not the best decisions.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.