View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 04:31 PM   #918
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

It's a time of change for my team as we part ways with some longtime contributors on defense and start rebuilding. I won't list the cuts who were camp fodder.

Quarterback

Russell Wilson
Sam Ehlinger
Carson Strong (Rookie)

We remain strong here with Russell Wilson, and we like the two young guys behind him.

Notable Cuts: Easton Stick. He's had no chance to prove himself.

Running Back

Alvin Kamara
Rashaad Penny
Isaih Pacheco (Rookie)
Ronald Jones II

Kamara will bounce back this year, and our patience with Rashaad Penny may pay off. We've got some young depth and Ronald Jones will also get some snaps.

Notable Cuts: Damien Williams and Justin Jackson. I wanted to keep Damien, but he was my 54th player. Jackson was a good role player for a while.

Fullback

Michael Burton

We're guaranteed to get every third and short.

Notable Cuts: None

Wide Receiver

Juju Smith-Schuster
Marquez Valdez-Scantling
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Terrace Marshall
Justin Watson
Khalil Shakir (Rookie)
James Washington

We don't have any major stars (yet), but we've got a posse of productive guys if our young guys come through. Peoples-Jones will start in Cleveland. Terrace Marshall has been disappointing so far and is a backup. James Washington barely kept his job over another disappointing second-round pick, Andy Isabella.

Notable Cuts: Andy Isabella, Daurice Fountain, Dazz Newsome, Jerrion Ealy, Justyn Ross. The Andy Isabella experiment is over.

Tight End

Travis Kelce
Blake Bell
Grant Calcaterra (Rookie)

Kelce is of course the best TE in the league. We've got Bell at second string when he recovers, and a rookie to fill out the roster.

Notable cuts: None

Offensive Tackles

Orlando Brown, Jr.
Morgan Moses
Geron Christian
Lucas Niang, G/T

We have two massive starters and some unproven backups.

Guard

Wyatt Teller
Trey Smith
Joe Thuney

This is a talent powerhouse. I'm not even sure which two will start.

Center

Cody Whitehair

We're strong here.

Kicker

Harrison Butker

Best in the business.

Punter

Tommy Townsend

We'll keep Tommy for another year.

Long Snapper

James Winchester

Best in the business

Safety

Jordan Poyer
Justin Reid
Andre Cisco
Deon Bush

Jordan Poyer has been on the team for a decade and gets better every year. Reid and Cisco will battle for a starting spot (Cisco is now a starter in Jacksonville) and Bush will be our enforcer.

Notable cuts: Tyrann Matthieu left in free agency.

Cornerback

Marcus Peters
Coby Bryant (Rookie)
Desmond King
Amik Robertson
Shaun Wade

We're giving a rookie a starting job here and have two solid nickel and dime backs. We're holding on to Wade to give him one more chance to prove himself.

Notable cuts: Deandre Baker, Bashaud Breeland. I'm not sure why Breeland can't hold a job.

Outside Linebacker

Elijah Lee
Leo Chenal (Rookie)
Zach Baun
Anthony Nelson
Cameron McGrone

I constantly invest in this position and can never hit on a starter. We'll start our new free agent Lee and will give Chenal a starting job over our group of underachieving draftees.

Notable cuts: AJ Klein, Jaylon Ferguson. AJ Klein was a very productive mid-round pick for us, but his time has come. Jaylon Ferguson is dead.

Inside Linebacker

Nakobe Dean (Rookie)

We're handing the job to a rookie because we have no other options.

Notable cuts: Anthony Hitchens, Jermaine Carter, Dylan Moses. Hitchens was okay. The other two guys never saw the field for me. Moses was a late-round flyer and never came back from injury.

Defensive end

George Karlaftis (Rookie)
Yetur Gross-Matos
Dorance Armstrong
Carlos Dunlap
Ifeadi Odenigbo

After years of failure drafting at this position, I now have three legitimate NFL starters. I think I'm pretty good here at long last.

Notable cuts: Malik Herring, Azur Kamara, Alex Okafor. I liked the two rookies and Okafor has been productive. I was deep at DE.

Defensive Tackle

Andrew Billings
Tershawn Wharton
Kalia Davis (Rookie)
Marvin Wilson

I'm razor thin here. Billings and Wharton are good as starters, but I'm hoping that my rookie and last year's flyer with Wilson will pay off.

Notable cuts: Taylor Stallworth, Danny Shelton, Jarran Reed (free agent loss), Brandon Williams (Ravens), Star Lotulelei (Bills), Maurice Hurst. Brandon Williams and Star Lotulelei were rocks for me for many years, but their time has come. I'm going to have to start investing in this position after the luxury of having veterans here forever.

Last edited by Rain Man; 09-03-2022 at 04:38 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.